An objectively and continuously process control of low-pressure plasma deposition techniques, such as PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition), is one of the real issues today.
Aside from a visual examination of the plasma's light emission, sometimes the mass spectroscopy technique is used. Specially the mass spectroscopy is neither handy to operate nor the results are easy to interpret.
Compared with this, the benefits of using the OES (Optical Emission Spectroscopy) and our fiber optics coupled TranSpec Spectrometers are obvious:
• Simultaneous measurement in the spectral range 200...1000 nm
• Detection of even very low emission intensities
• Connectable to every vacuum chamber using a special flange
• Maintenance-free technology - no wavelength re-calibration required!
• Comfortable and easy-to-use software PEM-ProVis Professional
• Powerful programming library PEM-ProLib++ for your own applications